Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fabulous Friday

Back in September, I was on my way to jury duty when some guy rear ended me on the freeway. Trying to do the right thing (and not be in contempt!), I still drove to Hillsboro and then asked to be excused for the day. The jury lady was really understanding and said that I could defer until December. About a month later, I received another summons, this time to report on Dec. 9. OK. I put in for my absence and all that. Then on Friday, they didn't need me! So after being called four times, I still haven't actually sat on a jury.

Anyway... I decided to make the most of my day, including asking Kendra to join me for lunch at Fresh Grill in Beaverton.
She had a cheeseburger and I tried the Gardenburger. And we split some yummy seasoned waffle fries! (she wouldn't let me take a pic of her...) Then I nearly finished my Christmas shopping and got the house all in order. It was such a nice, productive day!

Then in the evening, Brad and I went on a date night to
Native Foods Cafe in Bridgeport Village. We'd tried the vegan restaurant last month when the first opened and really liked it. I wanted to return this weekend for their special, a turkey and stuffing sandwich with a side for just $9.95: Brad ordered the daily special, the Twister Wrap with sweet-potato fries: Both were excellent! We're really impressed with the food and prices. Try it!

Even though it was below freezing outside, Brad was craving more froyo. So we walked across the street to Peachwave for a treat:
I think my favorite was the chocolate and the mint mixed together! The fog was really heavy as we made our way back to the car. The cold and the decorations made it very Christmasy :) This sight in the parking garage made us laugh: Then we got the shopping bug and drove to Marshalls to look for more presents: It was a very fabulous Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment