Thursday, November 24, 2011

Muffin Wednesday: Pumpkin

We have a new addition this year to the THS alternative education department: Craig Ruecker. Not only is he working with at-risk freshmen and sophomores, he's also the head football coach.

Coach quickly caught on to the Muffin Wednesday tradition, recently asking me to expand it to Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well. Ha!

Despite having no school this Wednesday, Coach wanted muffins. If he won his playoff football game last week, the season would continue and he'd have practice this week. So when the Tigers creamed the Southridge Hawks, I promised pumpkin muffins:
I whipped up the same recipe as last month:

1 can pumpkin (14 oz)
2 eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 c oil
3 c flour
3 t cinnamon (I went a little lighter on this)
2 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1 t salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin tin.

1. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin and eggs. Add the sugar and oil and mix well.

2. In another bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to the pumpkin mixture, stirring just until blended.

3. Spoon the thick batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling to the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~
I doubled the recipe and made enough for the whole coaching team - and more. I hope the guys enjoyed the treat :)

Go Tigers!

1 comment:

  1. This is the easiest recipe i have found. I will try and see how it tastes. It sounds delicous. My mom is going to try it too. I've looked elswhere online and they all require something like yogurt, cake mix, cloves and you have the ingredients I have so we will see. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete