Saturday, November 19, 2011

Forgotten photos: my big 3-5

My big 3-5 came and went in June without me sharing any pictures. For shame!

Here ya go... try to contain your excitement :)


Brad and I went out for the Saturday before my birthday to the
Grilled Cheese Grill on Southeast 28th Avenue in Portland, a place we'd heard awesome things about and had to try. The menu was too big... too many yummy choices! We decided to split the Hot Brie: and the Stickles: Both were good, but I thought the brie was a bit strong for my taste. The Stickles was great, though! It was a hot day, so we ate outside under the canopy: But we had to check out the double-decker bus (which was about a million degrees inside!) After grilled cheese, we headed to the Waffle Window at Southeast 36th and Hawthorne. We sure didn't need anymore food, but we ordered two dessert waffles anyway, eating in their outside garden area. I don't remember what we ordered, but they were excellent! Side note: There were some very strange people sitting behind me. Pretty sure they thought it was 1985. We laughed and laughed :) Sunday, we drove to Vancouver to celebrate with Brad's parents. Steve and I share a birthday week, so we always share a party! Special dinner of salmon patties (since we're the only ones who like fish): And Donna crafted this amazing campfire cake for dessert! She always makes really creative stuff. Presents! Giant hosta for my shade garden: And some stuff for Steve, too:Brad had this wooden bear custom carved for our front porch! We'd been talking about getting something for the corner, so Brad surprised me by having this guy made for me. We named him DB (Door Bear)... and he likes to dress up for the seasons.The next weekend, Brad went rock climbing at Smith Rock, so my parents and sis took me to Thai dinner: Mom got me this card. It's PERFECT! HA!

Check out my birthday loot:
Fun birthday week!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment