Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No-TV Tuesday: (CE)2 runners are back!

Two years ago we had a little (CE)2 running club. We had several regulars who'd run fourth period with me and Andy twice a week or so. We had matching purple shirts. We were awesome.

Christine (my friend, not a student) and Tim even joined us for the Tilikum 5K:
Andy and I have been trying to get it started again this fall... today, a couple students took us up on the offer!!

Andres is on the varsity soccer team and is in really good shape. He pushed me, and we ended up running the first 1.5 miles at a good clip - faster than I normally run. Ethan said he'd never before run for more than 1 mile ... and he nailed it! Those guys were great!
We ran down to Cook Park and across the river into Tualatin park, taking a little rest at the railroad trestle. We spotted a bunch of snakes sunning on the sidewalk - and some caterpillars. Wildlife!

We slowed it down a bit on the return trip and each set personal goals for tackling the really steep hill coming out of Cook Park. And we all did it! Just under 3 miles in just under 28 minutes.
Excellent job, fellas! Thanks for helping me have the best job in the world :)

It was also spin day. So after a faster-than-normal run, I changed into my lovely spandex and headed to class. Wow. That was really hard. I usually keep up just fine, but I had to cheat a little on the resistance today. Ouch.
I sipped some chocolate milk, chomped on a banana and iced my knee while Mom drove to Mustard Seed Farms in St. Paul to pick up this beauty:
Mom won a free giant pumpkin at this year's Tilikum run, redeemable in October. And she donated it to (CE)2 - they are gonna be surprised tomorrow!

(We got another one in an auction two years ago. Jack was amazing. He was 178 pounds - and super cute. We carved him up. Read his story!)

I haven't named this fella. Maybe the students can help. He is a bit smaller but still weighs in at 100 pounds and 66 inches around. WOOHOO!
Doesn't every classroom need a giant pumpkin??
Yes!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment