Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Muffin Wednesday: Pumpkin

Today's fall selection: Pumpkin Muffins from the book:
I am not a huge pumpkin fan but decided to try it out since it's October and all. And I actually really like these... a lot!

1 can pumpkin (14 oz)
4 eggs **
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 c oil
3 c flour
3 t cinnamon (I went a little lighter on this)
2 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
1 c raisins

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin tin.

1. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin and eggs. Add the sugar and oil and mix well.

2. In another bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and raisins. Add to the pumpkin mixture, stirring just until blended.

3. Spoon the thick batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling to the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I added some Halloween sprinkles... because I could. And they are awesome :)

I doubled the recipe (because I could only find the giant pumpkin cans) and it made 36 muffins! ** (see note below)

I think everyone who tried them really liked them. Several people ate more than one - always a good sign. Some quotes from CE2:


Andy: "That was the perfect balance of sweetness and spice."

Jake: "Those muffins are really good."

We had eight students start CE2 today. I think Wednesday is now their favorite day :)

** NOTE: You know what I JUST realized while typing this up? I didn't double the eggs. SHOOT. Since it took four for just one recipe, I guess my mind blocked out the rest. These were SO good. I wonder what would have been different if I had used eight eggs. Hmmmm....

OOPS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment