Sunday, October 16, 2011

Morning run

I was supposed to run yesterday before heading to Vancouver for our second band competition of the season. Instead, I lit the fireplace, read some and then fell asleep on the couch. Oops.

It was a nice, relaxing morning, but all day I regretted skipping my run. So I made sure to do it first thing today so I wouldn't find something else to fill my time.

I got up about 7:30 a.m. to wake up the old body and have a small breakfast. Brad rolled out of bed about 8:30, and we hit the road to Tualatin through Cook Park. The weather was perfect - just over 50 degrees with high clouds. Have I mentioned before that I love fall????
I was hoping for 6 miles but came up a bit short. Oh well. I did 5.31 miles in 50:25 minutes - a 9:30 average. I felt strong the whole time, pushing but not pushing too hard. I slowed down a bit for the big, long hill out of Cook Park, but kept going. It was a good run. And I could have gone farther if time wasn't running out.

Brad, get over here... the timer's already going! Shoot.
That's better :)
Notice my brand-new, clearance shirt??? I love a good deal :)

I scarfed a big bowl of oats, flax, walnuts, raspberries and soy milk, jumped in the shower, iced my knee in the car and made it to church just a couple minutes late. Not a bad way to start a Sunday!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment