Monday, October 24, 2011

Homecoming '11

My packed weekend of randomness got under way right after school Friday with the annual homecoming parade down Durham Road.

When I started at THS in 2008, I insisted that CE2 have an entry in the homecoming parade - because it's super cool and we need to represent! (2008, 2009, 2010, 2010 part 2) Fortunately, I have the best coworkers in the world... as long as I get my tasks done, they pretty much let me do whatever else I want to enhance the CE2 experience for our kiddos!

So I recruited a bunch of students to help brainstorm and design our entry to the circus-themed event. And since we have several CE2 kids also in GSA (gay-straight alliance), we combined efforts.
Kayla is an amazing artist:
Angela's talented hands did the tiger on the left:
Here are some of our CE2/GSA friends (a few peeps were doing a last-minute Dollar Tree run during picture time):
Eryn always helps out - she's a great assistant! Mom's with the marching band.
Andy and daughter Ava joined us again this year. Those tiger hats are from Andy's mother, when she was in high school (in Toledo, Ohio)!
We had a blast handing out candy to the kids who were waiting along the parade route! Then we celebrated with a little pizza party in CE2 before heading to the football game.

What a great fall evening!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment