Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy Things

A few of my happy things today:

* Smelled wood smoke as I rode my bike to work
* Finished processing in our new CE2 students
* Had yummy Thai food for lunch
* Getting to know a cool new coworker (welcome, Jo!!)
* People kept raving about yesterday's pumpkin muffins. Have you tried them yet??
* I love dry, overcast days
* Ran 5 good miles

I set out after work to run 4 miles. I took one 1-minute walk break in the middle and then sprinted at the end. Finished 4.22 miles with a 9:19 average.

After a very short break, I slowed the pace and ran the rest of the way back to CE2 to get my bike for the ride home. I ended up going 5.0 miles in 47:02 - a 9:24 average overall.

I feel SO good about that! I ran strong and comfortable. And man, I really love running in the clouds. WAY better than in the blazing sun.

Tonight is The Office and all my other fun Thursday shows -- and the timer just went off on the enchiladas in the oven. YIPPEE!

I hope you've had some great happy things in your day, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment