Sunday, October 9, 2011

Go, Heidi, go!

Mom and I had so much fun cheering on other runners after my Disney Half last month that we (Eryn, too) decided to head downtown this morning to support the runners at the Portland Marathon.

We parked just off Interstate Avenue and watched as they came down the hill toward the Broadway Bridge... about mile 23 (out of 26).

Heidi, our friend and co-worker, was running her first full marathon, and we watched her splits online as she made her way through the course. We got our cameras ready when as she neared our spot. YAY, HEIDI!!!!!
Man, she looked great! She finished in 4:04 - awesome!!!!

We saw several other people we knew... very fun :)

I love races, and it ALMOST made me want to sign up for a full. But then I remembered how much work that is, and I don't think so. But I do want to do more half marathons - maybe we can talk Eryn into it, too!

Congrats to Heidi on her amazing accomplishment - and to all the runners... I am in awe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment