Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Weekend roundup

What a fun weekend!

It kicked off Friday night with the first THS home football game of the year... and the first marching band performance of the season. We won and the band did great!

Saturday was Sundance's putt-putt birthday party. I hadn't played in forever and actually did well. It was really fun! (and REALLY hot!)
Happy birthday, friend!
Then we hurried back to Tigard to celebrate Grandma's 90th birthday!!
Most of the fam gathered at Village Inn for an early dinner.
Brothers:
After dinner, Dad came over to watch a movie on our big screen. Source Code was a good mystery, but I can't ever get into the time-travel/other-dimensions plots.

Sunday, the 10th anniversary of 9/11, was an interesting day of reflection. I felt a variety of emotions throughout the day. At church, we heard a good message dealing with the love of America vs. nationalism.

After early service, we made a quick stop at Target, where this made me smile:
Then this made me smile even more:
We met Lindsey for a late breakfast at Davidson's. Summer busyness kept us apart, and it was wonderful to catch up and spend some time together!

Finally, I ended the weekend with a good workout. Brad and I threw in the P90X yoga DVD and tried our best. Then we went out for a run.
It was still SO hot, and I had to walk a couple times during my 3 miles. Lame.
But it still felt awesome to stretch my legs and sweat... a lot!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment