Monday, September 19, 2011

I love a stormy day at the beach

For Donna's July birthday, Brad and I gave her a day trip to the coast, redeemable this weekend!

We met early Saturday and drove out Highway 26 and had breakfast at Camp 18.
Pancakes were OK but not great. Disappointing.
Cats run around all over outside the restaurant. They were eating bacon with their kibble.
Donna had a list of quilting shops to check out, so we drove to 101 and headed south to Cannon Beach. I really liked this shop - very cute stuff. Almost made me want to take up sewing... like I need another hobby!
Then we explored a new-to-us beach: Hug Point State Park.

It was really stormy, with rain off and on and lots of wind. Love it!
A trip to the coast would not be complete without a stop at the Tillamook Cheese Factory!
Samples and ice cream, oh yeah!
Soon, Donna's list was complete and we were headed back to town and ate an early dinner at Baja Fresh.

Nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment