Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Whole-wheat cinnamon swirl bread

Saw this whole-wheat cinnamon swirl bread on Eat, Live, Run and drooled. Looked easy enough so I gave it a whirl.

I'm still afraid of yeast, so I adapted her recipe and used my bread machine.
Add in order to bread machine:
1/2 c warm milk
1/2 c warm water
1/3 c sugar + 2 t
3 T melted butter
1 c whole-wheat flour
2 c all-purpose flour
1 T cinnamon
1 1/4 t salt
1 package yeast

Put it on "dough" setting and let the machine work.

Mix together in a small bowl:
3 T softened butter
1.5 t cinnamon
1 T sugar

When the dough is done, roll out on a floured surface to form a long rectangle. Smear on the butter mixture and tightly roll. Place in a greased loaf pan and brush with an egg wash. (I was out of eggs, so that's why mine doesn't have that egg-wash shine on top)

Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 40 minutes. Let cool and slice.
This was actually easier than I expected and tastes very good! And now our house smells like a giant, hot cinnamon roll. Brad's already eaten half the loaf :)

No comments:

Post a Comment