Thursday, August 11, 2011

Morning intervals

We skipped our runs last night to have dinner in the park with friends and then get to sleep at a decent hour. A very good decision!

Instead, Brad went out before work this morning. He's been climbing every weekend and hasn't laced up his running shoes in a couple weeks. He said this morning's run was the hardest 5K he's done :) Good thing he still has three weeks before our half marathon...
I waited a little longer and went out after Law & Order: SUV (My vacation's almost over... I have to indulge while I can!)

I'm trying to get my speed down for the Disney race, so I set out to do some intervals.
I ran circles through Summerfield, a nearby retirement community, and kept passing the same guy. He probably thought I was nuts.

Here's a breakdown of my intervals:

9-minute warmup @ 10:00-minute miles
2 minutes @ 7:56-minute miles
2 minutes @ 11:10
2 minutes @ 7:56
2 minutes @ 12:29
2 minutes @ 7:57
2 minutes @ 11:47
2 minutes @ 7:51
2 minutes @ 15:07
2 minutes @ 7:38
8 minutes @ 10:54

3.61 miles in 35:36 minutes.

WOOHOO! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment