Saturday, July 9, 2011

No. 17

After finishing Secret Life of Bees, I immediately picked up my next CE2-borrowed book and started reading. I chose John Steinbeck's classic Of Mice and Men.
As with almost all books I read and movies I watch, I didn't read the jacket or the reviews or anything - I just dove in. I was pleasantly surprised by the story. It was very short - just 102 pages, and because it wasn't dry or boring, I flew through it.

The ending was not what I expected, and I'm not sure what it all means. I should check out the insights in the book reports done by our students!

But I'm glad that I finally read this classic and didn't hate it :)

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of classics - have you read To Kill a Mocking Bird? I just read it for the first time a year or two ago and really enjoyed it.

    I've never read Of Mice and Men so I'll have to give it a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - I did read To Kill a Mocking Bird back in high school but don't remember much. It was good - I should pick it up again :)

    ReplyDelete