Saturday, June 4, 2011

Time machine

For a time around junior high, Tamara, Jen and I were fairly inseparable. We even had the same perms and the same hair color (Mine was natural - theirs was courtesy of Sun-In).

We went to Sears (or was it JC Penney??) to have our portrait taken:
So cute! Don't you love 1990?!

Life has taken us in different directions in the last 20+ years, but we've reconnected in the past few years and try to get together whenever we're all in town.


Last July, we met for dinner at Thai Basil in Lake Oswego:
Jen (left) is now the mother of two beautiful girls and lives in Utah (soon moving back home to Portland!). Tamara (right) is teaching in Honduras. And I need a tan ;)

Thanks to Facebook, we still manage to connect across the miles.


I've been looking for that junior high picture since the restaurant host snapped this latest group shot, and I was thrilled when I finally ran across it :)

2 comments:

  1. Bwaaahhhhhhh! This made my day! Thanks so much for posting a trip down memory lane...I totally remember when we took this photo :) I'll be home for 3 weeks in July. Hope we can all meet for dinner again. xoxo -t :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! And look, I'm wearing a green shirt in both pictures. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete