Thursday, June 2, 2011

No-TV Tuesday: The strawberries are here!

After such an exciting weekend of MLB baseball and Gorge exploration, I really needed some down time for this week's No-TV Tuesday.

I ran and biked Monday, and my final spin class of the year was Wednesday, so no exercise for me. My body needed a rest.

So after work, I made a quick stop at the credit union and then the nearby Parsons Farms stand to see what they had.
The strawberries are here!!!!
If you've never had an Oregon strawberry, you don't know what you're missing. They are like little bites of Heaven. And since they have a very short shelf life (which is why you won't find them in the stores), we ate them all up really quick!

I hit WinCo to load up on some groceries for the week.
Then it was taco salads for dinner, including leftovers from yesterday's grilled-veggie Qdoba burrito - yum!

After dinner, I made good on my promise to myself to lay low and read my book until I fell asleep... at 8 p.m.!

What a lovely evening without TV :)

2 comments:

  1. Good description of an Oregon Strawberry. We've really been enjoying them this year (though they are certainly not cheap!). Jesse eats them by the handful. Are you going to dry any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought the two baskets - haven't thought about doing a big batch yet. Since they go bad so fast, I have to have a good plan in place before I buy :)

    YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete