Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Muffin Wednesday: Very Ripe Banana

It's the last Muffin Wednesday of the school year! Brad told me last night that I can start making muffins for HIM now ;)

I had some very ripe bananas at home, so I flipped through the book...
... and found a recipe for Very Ripe Banana Muffins. Perfect. I had one egg left in the CE2 refrigerator. And a little bag of walnuts. And some granulated sugar. Perfect.
~~~~~~~~~~
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line your muffin tin.

1 c overripe bananas, mashed
1/4 c + 2 T vegetable oil
1/2 c granulated or brown sugar
1/2 t salt
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 c chopped walnuts
(I also threw in about a cup of chocolate chips that needed to be used)

1. In a bowl, combine bananas, oil, sugar and salt. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.

2. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and walnuts. Add to banana mixture and stir just until moist. Do not over mix.

3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, dividing evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~
Since I had just one egg, I did not double this batch. And because I had some food coloring in my cabinet, I made them green... just because.

Of course, we ate them hot from the oven. Iggy, Roy and Peter immediately snatched up the extras. Apparently they tasted OK ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment