Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Muffin Wednesday: Pineapple

I just had to buy a can of crushed pineapple for this week's Muffin Wednesday treat - easy!
I spotted a simple Pineapple Muffins recipe in the book and figured I'd give it a go. The gamble paid off!


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin.

2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
3 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 egg
1/4 c cooking oil
1 c milk
1/2 c crushed pineapple, well drained

1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and set aside.

2. In another bowl, beat the egg. Add oil, milk and pineapple and mix well. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir just until moist.

3. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I doubled the recipe and made two dozen yummy muffins.

It went together very quickly and easily, and they baked up to a nice golden color. I thought they were really tasty, as did the students. The pineapple was very subtle - maybe I'd add a second can the next time??

If you have a can of pineapple lying around, give this recipe a try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment