Saturday, May 21, 2011

Identifying my issues

We recently got a knock on our door... a nice young man offering lawn care.

"I can help identify some issues for you," he said, looking toward the front "lawn".
I laughed out loud.

I'm sure he thought he'd hit the jackpot with our house. Seriously. To the untrained eye, it's wild. To me, it's gorgeous... and very purposeful!
We have an eco lawn, a fleur de lawn seed mix of grasses, cloves, miniature daisies, forget-me-nots and other fun flora. It requires no fertilizing or other chemicals, no mowing and almost no watering. We don't even own a mower. I go out every couple weeks and "pluck" the taller grasses from the front yard.

I tried to explain to the kid that it looks like that on purpose. He just looked at me blankly. I don't think he understood at all, but he finally gave up.


I closed the door, and Brad and I shared a good laugh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment