Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Muffin Wednesday: Jam-Filled

Thumbing through my cookbook, I was intrigued by Jam-Filled Muffins. The recipe looked simple, and plain yogurt was the only thing I'd have to purchase. Let's do it!
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease muffin tin.

1 1/2 c flour
1/4 c sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla
1/4 c butter, melted
1 c plain yogurt
1/4 c milk
jam or jelly (we used homemade blackberry - yum!)

1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

2. In another bowl, beat the egg and vanilla. Add butter, yogurt and milk, mixing well. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until blended.

3. Spoon batter into prepared tin, filling half full. Add 1 t of jam to each and then top with the remaining batter.

4. Bake for 15 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I loved these!

I doubled the recipe and made 24 muffins. I got to the end and realized that I'd forgotten the milk (just 1/2 c for the double batch). Oops. But they didn't taste like something was missing, so I think it was OK.

The batter was very fluffy, like biscuit dough. And they baked up much like biscuits... but not the dry kind; the amazing, moist, buttery kind!

As always, we ate these muffins while still steaming - perfect! Certain students and staff immediately professed their love for me... awwww ;)

UPDATE:
Andy took some muffins to our Cascade Education Corps crew working out in the field today. They just sent me this video. Made my whole day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment