Friday, April 22, 2011

Maybe I'll get tan...

I skipped work today so I could attend the funeral for a family friend who died of cancer at age 67.

Ed and Fern helped with our (Disney-themed) wedding reception. And they frequently sent us "Wish you were here" postcards from Disneyland. So in his honor, Brad wore a Mickey tie and I donned one of my fanciest Mickey shirts. I think Ed would have like that a lot.

It was a great service, with wonderful memories from his daughter, Natalie, who is my age. I also got to catch up with a friend I hadn't really seen since high school.

But before the service, I took advantage of my morning at home and went for a run in the warm sun!

I moved a bit faster, averaging about 9:48-minute miles until the last half-mile or so. Then I sprinted down the hill and finished 4.6 miles at a 9:35-minute average.


It felt great to get out in some nice weather for a change and move my legs! Maybe I'll even get tan one of these days ... yeah, probably not ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment