Thursday, April 28, 2011

Double run

I went on two runs this afternoon - both cold and rainy :(

Today's Girls on the Run practice 5K was my first official duty as a running buddy! I knew it would be a slower run, so I went out right after work to put in a few faster miles.

I ran 3:03 miles near the school - 9:18-minute pace.

Then I changed into dry clothes and drove to Gabriel Park in Southwest Portland to get my GOTR shirt and meet with my little runner, 3rd grader Betsy. (Thanks for the pics, Aunt Kari!)

Cousin Jessica and her running buddy:

Nearly 500 girls and women ran three laps around the park to the cheers of families and volunteers. It was such a great, positive atmosphere - I wish people always cheered me on while I run!!




Betsy did great, running and walking for 43:42 minutes! We're both excited to do the Starlight run in June :)

No comments:

Post a Comment