Friday, March 11, 2011

Hot pink

Today's training called for running 5 minutes and walking 1 minute 7 times - for a total of 42 minutes.

I started off strong, keeping my average below or just above 9-minute miles (including walking time). But by the fifth interval I was starting to drag. My hilly out-and-back route had a steady headwind on the way back, and my legs were starting to revolt after a week of hard workouts.

I backed way off on my sixth interval, and I ended up cutting the seventh one short. I was done.
I did 4.1 miles in 38:50 minutes - a 9:27-minute average.

But it was not a total loss... I got to wear my new hot-pink sports bra!! I'd been coveting these, but every time they went on sale at Target, the pink ones immediately sold out. I finally got one last week :)
WOOHOO!! This is one of my happy things for today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment