Sunday, March 13, 2011

German chocolate bars

I'm such a sucker. I see things online and in magazines, cookbooks, whatever, and HAVE to make them... now! So of course, I saw this incredibly simple recipe for German Chocolate Bars, realized I had all five ingredients needed, and immediately ran into the kitchen to get started.
2/3 c butter or margarine, softened
1
box German chocolate cake mix
1
c chocolate chips
1
can coconut pecan frosting
1/4
c milk

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or spray the bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan.


2. In medium bowl, cut butter into cake mix until the mixture looks like fine crumbs. Press half of the mixture (2 1/2 cups) into the bottom of pan.

3.
Bake 10 minutes and then sprinkle chocolate chips over the baked layer. Drop the frosting by tablespoonfuls over chocolate chips. Stir milk into remaining cake mixture and drop by teaspoonfuls onto the frosting layer.

4.
Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until the cake portion is slightly dry to touch. Cool completely and then refrigerate until firm. Store loosely covered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YUMMO! This was so fast and easy and amazing... TOO amazing! I ate more than I should and then took the rest to work for a little treat for my co-workers. Better to ruin their diets than my own ;)

OH... I didn't have enough chocolate chips so I crunched up a Hershey's bar and also added some Heath Toffee Bits that I had left over. I think that made them extra awesome.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment