Tuesday, January 25, 2011

No-TV Tuesday

Without a doubt, Brad's Midwestern favorite is noodles and mashed potatoes. He couldn't get enough of it on our summer vacation. Santa brought him a bag of homestyle noodles, and I decided that No-TV Tuesday was the perfect day to try my own version.

Boy, was he a happy guy this evening!
I destroyed the kitchen (I was also making a second dinner for later in the week. That recipe to come!!) with pots and pans and cutting boards and cookie sheets and colanders and spoons and knives and.... But it was worth it! We dined on corn, mashed potatoes, gravy, thick noodles and shrimp - yummy! And there were leftovers to box up and put in the freezer for quick lunches. Yippee!

After cleaning up from dinner, I boxed up the rest of my winter decorations and brought out Valentine's Day!
Yes, I do have decorations for every occasion. Luckily, I have a large garage attic to hold my bins and bins and bins and bins of holiday stuff.
Now I'm going to take my tea and get into bed with my book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment