Monday, January 17, 2011

A night out with the girls

I had just a fabulous, relaxing, fun weekend!

It started with sleeping 12 hours Friday night. Then I spent Saturday getting some things done, reading my new novel, napping and going for an awesome run in the rain. Then Laura picked me up about 2:30 p.m. and we spent a couple hours shopping - SO girlie!

Then we met some friends for girls' night at Swagat in Beaverton.
I'd never had Indian food, so they helped me pick out something I might enjoy.
I settled on tandoori fish tikka, and I went for the dinner to get the whole experience.
It was good. I don't know that I would go back on my own, but I'm glad I found something that I could eat :)

After dinner, we headed back to my house to drink tea, eat ice cream and chat. We did a lot of catching up and vowed to get together again soon.

Sunday, we decided to sleep in and go to the 5 p.m. service at our church. So we spent a lazy day reading, watching football, baking cookies and working out. It was lovely! At church we talked about The Rev. Martin Luther King and his commitment to God and to civil rights. We ended by singing "Precious Lord, Take my Hand," MLK Jr's favorite hymn. It was very moving. Take a listen:




Precious Lord, take my hand
Lead me on, let me stand
I'm tired, I’m weak, I’m worn
Through the storm, through the night
Lead me on to the light
Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home

When my way grows drear precious Lord linger near
When my life is almost gone
Hear my cry, hear my call
Hold my hand lest I fall
Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home

When the darkness appears and the night draws near
And the day is past and gone
At the river I stand
Guide my feet, hold my hand
Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home

Precious Lord, take my hand
Lead me on, let me stand
I'm tired, I’m weak, Lord I’m worn
Through the storm, through the night
Lead me on to the light
Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home
(Words from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment