Saturday, January 1, 2011

Midnight 5K

For our January race, we were going to do Portland's First Run at midnight on New Year's Day. But we decided to save our $30 per person and just have our own get together and first run of the year at home.

So we ate some yummy burritos and played games while we waited for the ball to drop. Then we put on our warm running clothes (it was about 30 degrees when we left) and some glow sticks and went for our 5K. I had some leftover bibs to add to make the event official.
We preselected a course that was just about 3.2 from door to door. Considering the burrito sitting heavily in my tummy, the cold air and the late (or early?) hour, I'm happy with my speed.
I wore my new ID :)
All done :)
(foggy glasses + camera flash = alien eyes!)
:)

1 comment:

  1. I'm very impressed. I was not up to running a 5K at midnight! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete