Wednesday, December 1, 2010

SWAT bust in our neighborhood!

I was sitting at my computer about 6:45 this morning when Linus and I heard an explosion and a bunch of yelling. I went outside (in the dark, in the rain, in my PJs, barefoot!) to see what was up and saw smoke and blue-and-red flashing lights coming from three houses down. Drug bust!!



Here's some initial information from KATU. I might be friends with the morning executive producer. I might have e-mailed her with the tip. (Once a newshound, always a newshound!!)

An armored SWAT vehicle was in the driveway and there were guys in camo carrying big guns! And I saw a couple people walking toward the paddy wagon in cuffs. WOW! The Washington County Sheriff's Office giant mobile command center was also on scene.

The KATU story says they took 10 people into custody!

That was the most excitement I've had in a long time :)

2 comments:

  1. You can take the girl out of the newsroom but you can't take the newsroom out of the girl!

    ReplyDelete