Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Muffin Wednesday: Chocolate Chip, Cherry Oatmeal

Today's going to be a bit busy at work, so I decided to make our Wednesday treat at home this morning. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on muffins!

I settled on Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins from my cookbook. For some reason, I decided to fancy them up and add chopped candied cherries. And of course, Santa muffin cups.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees

1 c oats
2 c buttermilk (I made sour milk with vinegar)
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 2/3 c whole wheat flour (I used regular)
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 T vegetable oil
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 c candied cherries, chopped

1. In a large bowl, combine oats and buttermilk. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next day, add beaten eggs and whisk well.

2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and oil. Add to oat mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in chips and cherries.

3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling to the top. Bake 15-20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The muffins were simple to make and used normal ingredients. I doubled the recipe and made 32.

They received mixed reviews in the CE2 taste test. Some people really liked them and ate several while others didn't finish theirs.

Notice how the muffins glow? The sunrise was really bright outside my CE2 classroom! At least it wasn't gray and raining for this week's pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment