Monday, November 15, 2010

Muddy mountain run

This weekend was our annual all-church retreat at Twin Rocks Friends Camp in Rockaway. It was a great time at camp - eating really good food, laughing with friends, singing, crafting, napping, sitting by the fire, playing Apples to Apples, meeting new people, praising, praying and reflecting.
Though the weather was very "Oregon Coasty", Brad and I kept our promise to ourselves to go trail running up Charlotte's Mountain. It wasn't nearly as muddy as we anticipated, but it was still wet, squishy and steep - and really great!
The trails pretty much go straight up the 400-some foot (I think) mountain and are covered with roots and such, so speed was not our goal. Still, pretty respectable for the conditions:
We brought our old shoes, but the mud wasn't so bad:
I tried out my new FILA capris - good choice!
I'm glad we weren't dissuaded by the rain. It was a great workout :)

No comments:

Post a Comment