Saturday, August 14, 2010

Crawfish Crawl PR!!!

Considering our goal of the 2011 Disneyland Half-Marathon, Eryn and I decided to sign up for a bunch of short races for motivation, practice and fun. Our latest endeavor was today's Tualatin 5K Crawfish Crawl.
The course, which started at Tualatin Commons and went through Tualatin Park to Cook Park and back (similar to a route I sometimes run from THS), was billed as flat and fast (the winner finished in under 17 minutes!) - perfect for PRing. In fact, the announcer guy wished us all PRs right before the race started (despite that it was already 75 degrees and the sun was blazing!). Well, I did it!!!
I usually aim to finish a 5K in under 31 minutes (so the clock reads 30 and change). Today I was under 30! 9:36-minute miles!! I was at about 9:41 with about .5 miles to go. I really kicked it up and sprinted to the finish line. WOOHOO :)

The whole fam was there (Brad's climbing this weekend):
Up next, the Tigard Family Fest 5K and the Race for the Cure 5K in September.

YAY!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment