Monday, June 7, 2010

Wow... what a weekend!

Like I said, I love to stretch out my birthday as much as I can. And boy have I milked it so far! It all started Thursday afternoon with my cheese delivery. YUM! Then we headed to our normal Thursday dinner with friends. The house was decorated with balloons, confetti, a birthday banner and party hats! What a fun surprise party :) :) And I scored a new plant for my shade garden!
Friday night, we went with Michael and Kendra to dinner and a movie and walked to ice cream after. Very fun date night! (By the way, "Killers" was a funny romantic comedy. Not Oscar-caliber, but entertaining. However, I did think the ending needed a tad more explaining.)
We spent the beautiful Saturday exploring the Lower Salmon River Trail near Zigzag in the Mount Hood foothills. Because Brad brought his new toy, we covered just a couple miles but enjoyed the slow pace and photography experimentation. (some of these pics are mine and some are his)
We ate lunch at a river-front campsite:
Birthday cheese!!!!
Recent downpours left the trail flooded in several spots. Brad captured this photo of me jumping off a log over a giant puddle. He really likes how it turned out:
Then we went downtown Portland for the Starlight Run, a fun run that leads the Starlight Parade every year. We've always wanted to run it and finally decided to go for it. Since it's my birthday (weekend!), Lindsey agreed to dress up and go with us. It was her first 5K and she kicked butt!
I have good friends and a good husband :)
Man, that course was a lot more uphill than I expected! But we had a lot of fun running and then eating dinner after - still in our hulu outfits :)
The fun continued Sunday with dinner at Corbett Fish House with Brad's folks. Steve also celebrates his birthday this week, so we had a little party right in the restaurant. If you go there, you MUST try the Crab Pepper Cheese soup. OH MY!!!!

What a weekend! Thanks to everyone who made it special :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Liz! You DO know how to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might like this new photography hobby of Brad's. Maybe we'll actually be able to keep up with him on a hike again! That Salmon river trail looks gorgeous. And the cheese....sigh!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete