Wednesday, June 2, 2010

More Farm Day memories

Because I was working alongside the students, I didn't snap many photos on Friday's Farm Day. But I did get Andy, all decked out in his Carhart overalls, maneuvering the riding lawnmower with a trailer full of debris.
He moved it from the wooded area at the top of the farm to the burn pile at the bottom of the property. Shortly after this photo was taken, he nearly crashed. Good thing he survived the near miss!

Cammy really liked having us all there. I believe she thought the hot dog lunch would be a jackpot for table scraps, but teenagers don't leave too many leftovers.
This was Carly's third trip to the farm. Wanting to go all out, she hit Value Village before the field trip and got herself a flannel shirt and overalls. Farmer Carly says, "Go big or go home!"
Speaking of clothes... while I was torturing Makayla by talking about the farm surprise, she was taunting me with my own surprise. Then Friday morning she presented me with a special T-shirt she'd made for me and a matching one for her:
I know it's hard to see in this photo, but our matching shirts have this printed on them:
You might remember that picture from our last farm field trip when Makayla captured the elusive Gracie. Awesome, huh?!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment