Thursday, June 10, 2010

The milking has ceased

I stretched out my birthday for almost an entire week... not too bad!
I arrived at work Monday (my actual birthday) to a desk full of gifts, cards, treats and balloons - and lots of hugs from my CE2 peeps. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures. What was I thinking?!?

The celebration of my birth wrapped up Wednesday night with a family dinner at Thai Orchid on Barbur Boulevard. I had my usual, #45 with tofu. YUM!!!!
Brad had yellow curry, which he said was very good:
I'd made a short wish list, mostly plants I'd love for my shady garden. For fun, I also added my dream wish: a Garmin Forerunner 205 - a very unnecessary gadget to help me train for that half marathon I somehow talked myself (and a couple others!) into running next year. Guess what my parents gave me:
Oh my goodness! It's at home charging right now so I can learn all about it and get to it! Today's my rest day after a week of kick-butt workouts. But hopefully I can play with it this weekend.

After dinner, Ma and Pa gave me a tray full of shade plants! Ma (a Master Gardener and lover of all things growing) said that instead of an Al's gift card, SHE was going to have the fun of shopping and picking out the plants this year. Fine by me :)
I've always thought I look like my dad. When I saw this photo this morning, I could really see the resemblance (in the bigger version, at least).

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment