Thursday, May 6, 2010

Snickerdoodles

I made very bulbous snickerdoodle cookies (from Smitten Kitchen) to take to Thursday dinner. I don't know that I've made snickerdoodles before, but I know that I like to eat them! I looked in the fridge and discovered one lone stick of butter, so I halved the recipe. Here's the original: 2 3/4 c flour 2 t cream of tartar 1 t baking soda 1/4 t salt 1 c butter, at room temperature (I microwaved... too impatient to wait) 1 3/4 c sugar 2 T ground cinnamon 2 large eggs

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper; set aside.

Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and 1 1/2 c sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs and beat to combine. Add dry ingredients and beat to combine.

In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 c sugar and the ground cinnamon. Use a small ice-cream scoop to form dough balls and roll in cinnamon sugar. Place about two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until the cookies are set in center and begin to crack (they will not brown), about 10 minutes. I used a smaller scoop than Ms. Smitten Kitchen, so I only baked mine 9 minutes. Her cookies spread and mine did not - perhaps because mine were smaller balls. Either way, they taste great!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment