Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Muffin Wednesday: Applecrisp Muffins

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
12-cup muffin tin, greased or lined

1 egg
1 1/4 c milk
1/2 c melted margarine
1/3 c liquid honey
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 c flour
1 T baking powder
1 t cinnamon (I went light on the spice)
1/2 t salt
1 c grated peeled apples (I did not peel)

1. In a bowl, beat egg with a fork. Add milk, margarine and honey and blend well. Add graham cracker crumbs.

2. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add honey mixture and stir just until moist. Fold in apples.

3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling to the top. (I wanted to stretch this, so I used 18 cups, filling about 2/3 full) Bake for 20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amazingly, I don't think I screwed up this Applecrisp Muffin Wednesday recipe at all! No bad measurements. No wrong ingredients. WOOHOO!

These went together quickly and easily, though my counter was very sticky and messy after I got done with the honey and margarine and crumbs and everything. But that's more my fault than the recipe's. The batter was yummy and I really liked the finished product - very moist and flavorful.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment