Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

Despite being sidelined earlier this week with a tummy bug (compounded by a head cold), I had to celebrate Cinco de Mayo the best way I know how... Mexican food!!

The uncle of one of my students recently opened Taqueria las Casitas near the Tualatin McDonald's. We went once before and really liked the authentic (and inexpensive!) food, so we went back this evening for more yummy tacos.
Irais was our waitress last time we stopped by:
Tonight - two Baja fish tacos for me:
Three al pastor tacos for Brad:
They were so good that we ordered more: another fish for me and a tinga and a pork carnitas for Brad. He liked all three flavors but decided al pastor was the best. We also took home a large cup full of the salsa that came with our fresh-from-the-fryer tortilla chips. YUM!

I would highly recommend Taqueria las Casitas for a wonderful Mexican lunch or dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment