Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Not cool

I was just looking at Facebook (no, I don't have an account but I often look at Brad's... Creeper, I know) and saw a post by a friend (Christ follower):

Dear Lord, this year you took my favorite actor, Patrick Swayzie [sic]. You took my favorite actress, Farah Fawcett. You took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson. I just wanted to let you know, my favorite president is Barack Obama. Amen.

On the surface, a funny political joke. But then I saw a post by another friend (non-Christ follower):

Today's "Idiocracy" moment....People who label themselves and "Christian" and then post death wishes to the president on their facebook pages. I'm pretty sure that Jesus is not impressed.

Is this really the message "we" should send to others who need to know Christ's love? Just asking....

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who had that thought. Thanks for the loving call to attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, you know I'm not a fan of Obama, but I am right with you on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that its to easy to write and post with out thinking about what we are saying. Maybe this is a good check for all of us.

    ReplyDelete