Thursday, April 29, 2010

(Belated) Muffin Wednesday: Chocolate 'n' Banana

Yesterday was testing day at Tigard High School for all freshmen, sophomores and juniors. Seniors had the day off, including all our CE2 students. So it was basically a workday for me. And without students, I opted to skip Muffin Wednesday. But it didn't feel right. I missed my morning baking routine and the joy it brings to my THS friends. So I decided to have a belated Muffin Wednesday this week!

Everyone enjoyed the surprise when I walked in with these Chocolate 'n' Banana Muffins:

Preheat over to 350 degrees
12-cup muffin tin, greased or paper lined

1/3 c vegetable oil
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 c mashed bananas
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar and egg. Add bananas and half of the chocolate chips. Mix well.

2. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to liquid ingredients and stir just until blended.

3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling three-quarters full. Sprinkle evenly with remaining chips. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't try one of these, but the banana/chocolate batter was tasty (yes, I always eat the "raw" dough/batter). Andy didn't hesitate to try one and then proclaim it to be the best one yet -- as always. Stacie said they were great but countered Andy's comment by saying the Strawberry Drop Puffins were still her favorite.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you know about these already, but we just discovered this recipe. I love that you can keep the batter in the fridge all week and bake up a few anytime. Of course, I didnt' do that. We just baked them all and then ate up a few anytime until they were all gone.
    http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2010/04/raisin-bran-muffins/

    ReplyDelete