Sunday, February 28, 2010

Skiing fresh powder under sunny skies

We were set to ski last weekend, courtesy of Brad's parents, who gave him (and me!) Meadows lift tickets for his January birthday. But there hadn't been any fresh snow in ages, so we gambled and postponed until this weekend ... turned out to be a great move!

Meadows received about 4 inches of new snow Friday night, and then Saturday's predicted precipitation failed to arrive, leaving us skiing fresh powder under sunny skies almost all day. The snow was very heavy and tricky to ski in some spots, but I'll take that any day over chunky or icy conditions.

The tickets were a three pack - one for Brad, one for me and one for Steve.
I didn't ski with my camera or I would have some beautiful sunny mountain shots. Instead, I have pictures of tired, sweaty, happy skiers packing up for the day.
Thanks, Steve and Donna, for the birthday treat!!

:)

1 comment:

  1. We were up Sunday and it was equally wonderful!! Worth waiting a few weeks for =).

    ReplyDelete