Saturday, February 13, 2010

Baked mini corn dogs

I followed a bunch of cooking blogs the other day and stumbled on a recipe for baked mini corn dogs on everybody like sandwiches. Had to give it a try!
1 c cornmeal

1 c flour

2 T brown sugar
1 T chili powder

1/2 t cayenne pepper

1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda

1/2 t salt
1 1/4 c milk
1 egg

1 T canola oil

4-8 hot dogs, cut in half (I used veggie dogs)
8-16 lollypop sticks (I didn't have any sticks)

Preheat oven to 400F.

In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. In a smaller bowl, mix together the milk, egg and canola oil. Pour the wet into the dry and mix gently with a fork.


Cut your hot dogs in half (mini-dogs not skinny-dogs) and pierce each half with a stick. Dredge each half into the cornmeal batter and place onto a silpat-covered cookie sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes or until the batter becomes golden brown.


------------------------

I loved these!! They were very fast to make, I had all the ingredients on hand except for the cornmeal (which I bought super-cheap in bulk at Winco), they were fun, and they tasted really great.

The batter seemed a bit runny (you can see that in the picture). I might try less milk next time?? But there will definitely be a next time

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment