Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Muffin Wednesday: Esther's Favorite Blueberry

Esther's Favorite Blueberry was the muffin of choice for this week's Muffin Wednesday.
They went together simply and quickly and got good reviews from today's tasting panel, which included my coworkers and a former student.

Preheat to 400 degrees
12-cup muffin tin, greased or paper lined


1/4 c softened butter or margarine

3/4 c sugar

1 egg, beaten

1 1/2 c pastry flour (I just used all-purpose)

1/2 t salt
2 t baking powder
1/2 c milk
1 c fresh or frozen blueberries (I had frozen)

1. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well.


2. In second bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.


3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filing to top. Bake 15-20 minutes or until browned.


:)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... I think I'll come down and see if you have any leftovers to share!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last night with frozen mixed berries -- they came out really tasty :)
    --Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill - so glad they worked for you. I bet the mixed berries were YUMMY! :)

    ReplyDelete