Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas time in CE2

Since CE2 is one big family, Christmas time is really fun. Some highlights:

Sue brought in a raclette grill for a fun staff lunch. We melted
raclette cheese and ate it over potatoes, bread, tomatoes and sauteed veggies. It was heavenly! Viri's mom, Alejandra, spent two days cooking in the CE2 kitchen for Thursday's holiday enchilada feast. Lots of staff and students pitched in to help. Then we ate! What a fabulous way to learn about another culture during the holidays. Alejandra is wonderful - such a blessing to have her share her gift of cooking!

CE2 staff members exchanged gifts. I bought Snuggies for Sue, Andy and Christian....
Christian, a botanist, gave beautiful house plants. And Andy, who really loves to eat my brownies, gave me this awesome Perfect Brownie Tray... as seen on TV! I think he just wants me to make more treats :)
Fleece shirts were donated for each CE2 student and staffer. We were thrilled, and some of the students posed for a thank-you photo.

Merry Christmas from my CE2 Family!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment