Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spinach artichoke dip

With my new role at THS, I don't have much time for cooking/baking with the students. But Robbie, who wants to be a chef, went in the CE2 kitchen and whipped up some spinach artichoke dip to share! Andy and I polished off about half of it right away. Some students who'd never had it were a bit scared. But when they eventually tried it, they also loved it! Robbie wrote down the recipe for us: Because it was so good, I'll share with you!

16 oz cream cheese
1 c any cheese (cheddar, mozz, Swiss)
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c parm/asiago/romano blend
1/4 t black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced (I would add more if I was making it!!)

Blend until thoroughly mixed.
Slowly add:
3/4 c chopped spinach
1 3/4 c chopped artichoke hearts

Spread in cookie sheet or casserole dish. Sprinkle 1/2 c of mozzarella on top. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese starts to brown. Enjoy hot on crackers or bread.

YUM!!!! Thanks, Robbie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment