Monday, September 21, 2009

Race for the Cure 2009

On Sunday, I joined with 40,000+ others for the 2009 Race for the Cure in downtown Portland. It was my fourth Race and another wonderful experience! This year I ran for Team Butz, organized by the Tigard High School football team in honor of Stephanie Butz, wife of assistant coach and THS teacher Jay Butz. She was diagnosed this summer with breast cancer and immediately had a double mastectomy. She is currently undergoing chemotherapy.

My mom (who never before ran an entire 5K!) ran for Stephanie but also for Caren, a good friend from her high school years who died just last month from breast cancer.
Look at the sea of people running down Broadway for the co-ed 5K run:
There goes Mom:
I'm just yards from the finish line:
And Eryn:
And Mom & Dad: She ran the whole thing!!!!!
Right after the race, we ran into Aunt Kari and cousins Kayla and Jessie:
THANKS SO MUCH to everyone who donated to my fund-raising effort! I am still $118.10 short of my goal, so if you feel led, please click here to give. Any amount helps :)

-Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment