Friday, August 28, 2009

Back in the saddle again

So I finally got the call Monday. My job has been restored! But it's not exactly my old job. I'll be spending a small portion of the day with CE2. The rest of the time I'll be heading up an online credit-recovery program for students who have failed a class and need to make up the credit. All different subjects. Freshmen through seniors.

I spent two days in training to learn the brand-new-to-Tigard-schools software. The next two days were spent planning the new computer lab from scratch (no desks, no computers, no wall decorations).

It's quite a change from last year's CE2 duties. And I will definitely miss the deep connections I was able to make by spending all day with those students. But I'm looking forward to the new challenge. Now if we can just get some computers in that computer lab......

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment