Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Vintage Vinyl

December 1982. I remember like it was yesterday. I was 6, Eryn was 4. We lived in Sherwood, on the corner of Lincoln and Willamette. For some reason, we decided to reveal what we got each other for Christmas. We were in the middle bedroom. I think it had green shag carpet. I had purchased for her a rainbow-colored belt -- you know, the really cool kind with the double D-ring buckle. She got me this:
I loved that album! I no longer have a turntable, but when I heard about Michael Jackson's death, I called mom to locate my record. Thankfully she knew exactly where it was, safe and sound.

After watching today's memorial service with Eryn and me, my dad dug out his prized MJ album, too:
Michael Jackson was a genius. And his music and style shaped my generation. He shared his remarkable talent and made the world a better place. For that, I am grateful. I will never forget.

-Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment