Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Brad's Summer Adventures

Now that climbing season is winding down, Liz has been bugging me to chronicle a few of my alpine adventures this summer. I dedicated most of this season to taking the Mazamas Advanced Rock class. This comprehensive class teaches the technical and mental skills necessary to lead 5th-class rock. I was out on the rock with my class nearly every weekend from April through June. It was a great experience that has vastly increased my confidence and competence on technical rock. I’m looking forward to putting my new skills to the test on some more technical alpine routes.

Liz and I have managed to squeeze in a few climbing and hiking trips in the last month and still have a couple more on the calendar to finish out the summer. I’m planning to post a few trip reports over the next several weeks so you can see what adventures we’ve been up to. : )


-Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment