Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pear bundt cake

Preparing for tonight's garden night potluck, I searched the pantry for something I could create. How about a dessert from a can of pears... perhaps a cake? A quick Google search turned up this super-simple recipe. I'll try it!

INGREDIENTS
1 (15 ounce) can pears in light syrup
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
2 egg white
1 egg
2 teaspoons
confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS
Drain pears, reserving the syrup; chop pears. Place pears and syrup in a mixing bowl; add dry cake mix, egg whites and egg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. beat on high for 4 minutes.


Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour. Add batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.



I thought I had a bundt pan... I do not. So I baked it in a round French White dish. I also had pears in juice, not light syrup. It was super yummy! Definitely a winner, especially because of the simplicity.

:)

1 comment: