Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Re-entry

After nearly a year off, I am re-entering the workforce. For those who don't know my history, I resigned last June after nine years at KOIN-TV in Portland. Knowing I did not want to return to TV news, I've since been looking for my next great adventure - whatever that would be.

In the past few days I was offered two jobs - similar administrative assistant/secretarial positions at two schools. After some freaking out, I decided I was feeling a stronger call to the job at Tigard High School. So I start May 19 in the (CE)2 department, an alternative education program for juniors and seniors. It's part time and comes with summers off - a major bonus. (That means I can keep volunteering at Medical Teams!) I'm excited and nervous about starting a whole new career, but the comfortable and familiar THS setting helps calm my anxiety.

Thanks for all of you who supported me and prayed for me through my tough times at KOIN, through my transition out of that place and through my search for my next place in life :)

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment